The existing community of bloggers in Atlantic Canada is rich and varied in subject matter, experience, and expertise. BlogJam 2017 aims to facilitate an event in which this community can come together to create, share, and engage in and about all topics related to blogs, bloggers, and blogging, in a positive, inclusive atmosphere.
The goal of BlogJam is to provide an opportunity for bloggers from Atlantic Canada to engage with one another face-to-face and to share experiences and expertise related to blogging through meaningful dialogue. Participants of BlogJam will be active in this experience through knowledge exchange, which will be facilitated by a day-long event, including plenary and workshop-style breakout sessions. Active participants of BlogJam will leave feeling enlightened and empowered to implement BlogJam-inspired ideas into their blogging experiences and related undertakings.
- Anyone interested in blogs or blogging-related undertakings is welcome to attend
- Participants will be active in their learning experience
- Participants will be encouraged to follow the “law of two feet” wherein they should feel comfortable leaving any session in which they are not contributing nor receiving value from the experience
BlogJam will follow the traditional conference experience, including: opening remarks, breakout sessions, keynote/plenary sessions, and closing remarks. There will also be several health and networking breaks.
BlogJam is organized and facilitated by a group of like-minded volunteers who are committed to ensuring that all participants feel welcome and safe to share and engage in this experience. Any suggestions for how to improve the organization of this event are welcomed and encouraged.
Commitment to Inclusion
- Whenever possible, the costs associated to attending this event, if any, will not be prohibitive to participants of any economic status
- The event will be hosted in a mobility-friendly, accessible space
- Participants requiring additional support to attend the event will be accommodated as much as possible (support personnel, interpreters, printed material, etc.)
Commitment to Environment
- Participants will be encouraged to bring reusable containers for water/coffee
- Minimal paper handouts will be printed/distributed; instead, logistics will be posted online and/or in a central location for reference
- The location is accessible by local transit
- All registration is electronic